During the cold winter months, a curry can make for the ultimate comfort food. However you don't need to turn to a fat-filled takeaway to satisfy your craving – check out this delicious recipe for a healthy version of Chicken Jalfrezi...
Ingredients (for 2-4 people)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1 large onion (chopped)
4 full chillies
1 green pepper (chopped into thick slices)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
A handful of fresh coriander
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
100ml cold water
500g diced chicken breast
1 chicken stock cube
2020欧洲杯体育线上投注1. Heat the oil up in a big pan before throwing in the onion, garlic and tomato puree. This should be done on a medium to high heat.
2. Chop two of the chillies up finely. If you like your curry hot, keep the seeds.
3. Add the garam masala, turmeric, cumin, and curry powder into the pan and stir. Cook for five minutes.
4. Once the onions have softened, add your chopped chillies and diced chicken into the pan.
5. Allow the chicken to cook in the spices for around five to six minutes.
6. In the meantime, take the two remaining chillies and slice them vertically from top to bottom – you only need to pierce them slightly.
2020欧洲杯体育线上投注7. Add the chopped tomatoes, pepper, whole chillies, stock cube, salt and pepper and water. Put a lid on the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes or so.
2020欧洲杯体育线上投注8. Stir in the Greek yoghurt to give your curry a bit of creaminess.
9. Add the chopped coriander – if you want to thicken the mixture, add cornflour.
For more information head to